The Prayer that Defeats Fear

Today I’ve got a devotion running on the subject of facing the “What ifs” of life.  If you are joining me here for the first time, I bid you a warm welcome.  If you are a regular reader of my blog, thank you for coming back for a visit.

Most of have weak spots in our lives.  No matter how together we look on the outside, many are just one wrong word, one party we didn’t get invited to, or one failure away from an emotional melt-down.  Some women face insecurity, others face low self-esteem.  The chink in my armor is fear.

I can be going along just fine, and one of my kids will be five minutes late.   Or I can feel something different under my skin.  All of a sudden, fear threatens to rage.  Years ago, the same series of events used to happen.  An iceburg  lodged in my stomach. My pulse raced.  All logical thought escaped as the worst case scenario crowded in.   In an instant, I went from a confident woman to a fear-filled mess.

One of my worst fears was flying, and it happened after 9/11.  Before that, I loved to fly.  After 9/11, I gradually got more and more afraid of flying.  It progressed to the point where I stopped pursuing out of state speaking events.  But it got worse than that.  I avoided going to the airport, and could even feel fear watching planes.

I never once told anyone how afraid I was. I was embarrassed.  Especially since I was in leadership, and at that time was leading a small group of women. But one time I mentioned in passing to a friend that I would probably always deal with the fear of flying.  While I tried to laugh it off, she didn’t laugh.  She looked right at me and said, “You don’t have to deal with fear forever. I can tell you how to pray so you won’t be afraid of flying.”

My reaction was sceptical.  It sounded like she was saying there was a way I could manipulate God through prayer.  My instincts told me to reject her suggestion without even hearing it.  But out of politeness, I listened.  Here’s what she said.

First, she told me to tell Satan out loud to leave me alone, in the name of Jesus.  She said to tell Satan he has no place around me.  Telling him out loud is important because he can’t read our minds.  Then she told me to pray to God, asking for the blood of Jesus to cover my mind.

I thanked her for her advice, and said I would try it.  But I didn’t really plan to.  It sounded far-fetched.

But then something happened.  My mom asked me to take her to the airport.  How could I tell her “no” without confessing my fear?  I was 40-something years old, for crying out loud.

That morning I held it together until I dropped her off.  As I was leaving the airport, an overwhelming fear fell upon me.  My chest felt like an elephant was sitting on it.  I couldn’t breath, and I started to cry hard.  I was shocked at how violent this attack was.  At that moment, I remembered my friend’s prayer.  I was desperate, and decided to try it.  Only I was crying too hard to talk.  So I forced it out between sobs.

I told Satan one word at a time to leave me alone, then asked God to cover me with the blood of Jesus.  Within an instant of squeaking out “blood of Jesus,” the weight left my chest, I could breath and instantly stopped crying.  I thought, “That was too easy,” and the fear enveloped me again.

But I had tasted it.  For just a second, I’d tasted what I can only call a miracle.  And in that second of experiencing God’s power, I was emboldened to tryit again.  The next time I was more confident.  After finishing the short prayer, the fear completely left me.

The next time I flew, I tried it again.  God answered with another miracle.  Since that time, I’ve continued to pray that way over a variety of issues, and have never experienced fear in the same way.  I’ve asked God to cover my heart, mind, my pulse, my thoughts, my family, my home, everything I can think of, with the blood of Jesus.  When Satan’s lies can’t get to my heart, God peace fills me up.

Growing up in a very traditional Presbyterian church, I was never taught about spiritual warfare.  I was unprepared to battle what I now see as spiritual (demonic) oppression.  Wanting to know why that type of prayer worked, I search the scriptures and came up this verse:

Revelation 12:11, “They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.”

Please hear me on this very important point:  I do not believe we can manipulate God into doing anything.  Nor do I think there is any special combination of words to achieve a miraculous result.  But I do believe that in my desperate need for protection and peace, God revealed that Christ’s sacrificial shedding of blood has power beyond my salvation.  It has power to protect me.

This story is part of my testimony of God’s faithfulness.  I can’t really explain it.  I can only tell you that I’ve experienced miracle after miracle in my own life.  God’s peace is worth trying something that sounds kind of  “out there” for those of us raised in certain churches.

I know in sharing this some may be sceptical.  I understand.  But if you ever get scared enough to try it, please let me know what happens.  And if you’ve ever prayed like this before, and experienced God’s peace, please post a comment.  I’d love to hear what happened to you.

Grace & Peace,

Comments

1. Cathy says

It never dawned on me that the reason we are to denounce Satan out loud is because he cannot read our minds. This is such incredible knowledge! Thank you.

• Jolene says

I, too, was completely struck by this concept. I’m a life-long Christian but had never really considered it this way! I will definitely be remembering this.

• delight trotman says

delight trotman. i just want to say thanks to u guys for teling me how to deal whit fear i now realise i need to speak out loud to saton an tell him to leve me alone most of all i thank god for the blood of jesus so i know now thir is power in the blood to help me overcom my fears

2. Noelle says

I pray often like this and it works EVERY TIME! I am a single mom with limited finances and a difficult relationship with my ex-husband. There are lots of things in my life to get paralyzed with fear over. When I pray the way your friend suggested, those fears completely vanish and I am renewed and strengthened. I’ve had to pray more than a few times get over the fear of seeming odd to others who don’t “get it” yet — but it is worth it!

Hi Noelle – Thank you so much for sharing how God has worked through your prayers. Isn’t it miraculous? I don’t always understand how God works, but I sure want to testify about Him!

3. Karen Jackson says

Thank you so much!! I know the battle is real! I’m going to share this with my daughter who has been going through this!!!!

Thank you and bless your honesty!!!!!

Karen

Hi, Glynnis!

I can relate to the call backs from the doctor (devo) and the lack of love for flying! :) I hear ya! (I am getting dizzy just thinking about flying now!)

Thank you for sharing this testimony. God’s Word is truth and life. We are to call on His name. And nothing is more precious than His blood. I am SO thankful for His intimate faithfulness to you that you shared here. I will be calling on His name next time I board a plane…and other times of fear.

Hugs,
    Sharon

5. mary beth says

I too was raised in a very traditional Prebyterian church so I know what you mean. Over the years God has led me to different people who have taught me ways to pray that I never imagined were possible. I think He was preparing me for the times when I would need His peace in the turmoil of raising my son who has become somewhat a prodigal. My son has not come home yet but God always assures me that He is taking care of my son and He brings me the peace I need to get through one more day.

6. Michele says

Your devotion really touched me. I was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in December. I experienced fear like I have never known. Only through God’s power and strength am I able to fight this battle and feel any peace at all. He is revealing his loving grace and blessing me each and every day. Instead of waking up each morning and thinking “I have advanced breast cancer”, I replace it with “I have the love and grace of God”. Through trust and faith, I face each day with thankfulness that I have this day….TGIT (Thank God it’s today). I still have my moments when the devil tries to take over my thoughts and I do just as you said…I verbally tell him to get out of my thoughts in the name of Jesus. It works. Every day is not easy, but I couldn’t get through it without my awesome God!

Michele – I’m praying for God’s healing hand to touch you today and bring complete health and wholeness to your body. I’m also praying for an increased measure of peace in every moment of your day – especially those dark ones that I’m sure creep in. And precious sister, I’m praying for joy for you. Thank you for reading my blog today. Please stay in touch.

7. deborah james says

Yes…i too have had the flood of Gods peace comfort me when I was hurting so bad and so afraid…it is amazing! What a great God we have! Blessings to you….

Thank you so much for today’s devotional. I really need this prayer because my family and I are in the midst of a difficult situation with someone who used to live with us and I’m afraid. It was difficult for me to sleep last night because of this situation. I didn’t even know how to pray about it. But God is always on time and never late. When I woke up this morning your devotional was in my email inbox. And so I will be following your example today and telling satan with my words to leave my family alone.

I feel more at peace this morning because you shared your story in your devotional. Thank you for your story and your wonderful, inspiring words. I can relax today and enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend with my family wrapped up in God’s peace. God Bless You!

Briget – I’m praying for you today. Greater is He who is in us than is in the world. (1 John 4:4 “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”

God has given us His power to overcome the darkness of this world, and will be your protector. Keep calling on Him!

Dear sweet Glynnis, how my heart needed to read your devotion and blog post today. I was praying that the Lord would give me a verse to hold on to as I head Wednesday to the Cancer center to learn all the details of my biopsy and discuss the chemo options available. As the day gets closer, my anxiety has grown. Still recovering from the surgery almost four weeks ago now, I struggle with wondering how I will physically bear more treatment at this time. I have been overwhelmed with fear. Only moments before reading your devotion, I was asking the Lord to give me a truth to hold onto that would encourage my heart. I needed a promise to claim. The Lord has mightily used you this morning my friend. Thank you.

I pray the Lord is preparing my heart for all I will hear on Wednesday and that if any decisions need to be made, He will grant my husband and I added wisdom and discernment. I’m also trusting that nothing will interfere with my plans to be at She Speaks this summer. How I long to see you all. Surrendering that trip to Him has tears flowing even now, but I have to trust any changes in plans are for my best and His glory…but it will be a very heart-breaking letting go.

Thanks again Glynnis for the fresh hope infused in me today. The Lord used you as an answer to my desperate plea.
    Love you my friend.
    Hugs,
    Joy

Precious one, I’m so, so glad you visited my blog this morning. I know you are facing a battle – bigger than you’ve ever faced. And even though the Lord is fighting it for you, you need every ounce of protection you can get. I’m praying for many miracles in your life.

So many of us live with only a fraction of the power God has made available to us. I’m also praying that you will discover more of the weapons God has given us for our protection.

You are loved!

10. Carla says

I am new to your blog, first time visitor. A friend sent me your devotional this morning and I am blessed! I have been dealing with terrible anxiety and panic for over a month now and being 33 with two small children I find myself saying, “I am too young for this!” But, the lessons God has taught me and the grace He has provided has given to me a thankful heart! I am so much closer to God even tho at times it has almost consumed and debilitated me. I many, many times have prayed out loud and directly told Satan, “You are a liar, I am God’s child and I praise the name of Jesus!” When he brings thoughts of death, sickness, leaving my children motherless and my husband a widower; I turn to God and give Him my mind and my thoughts. HE has promised to be my defense and what greater person to trust than the very one who died for me? So thankful for His grace! Have a blessed day and thank you!

Hi Carla – I know exactly how you feel. I started having these fears when I was younger than you. I had my second breast biopsy at 27 and was sure I’d never have kids. Then when God gave me children starting at age 29, my fear increased. If you have time, read this blog post about how I dealt with a breast cancer scare.

James 5:16 has made a huge difference in my life. I had to confess the depth of my fear to someone.

Thank you for reading my blog today and I’m praying God brings you miraculous healing from this anxiety as you continue to trust Him.

• Carla says

I read your blog post you mentioned and can completely relate! I had a breast biopsy at 26 while expecting our first child. Since then Dr’s, and all related things associated with Dr’s, literally send me over the edge. Satan knows this and has used it to attack my mind with thoughts directly related to my health. Even tho, I am very healthy and blessed! I am reminded of a song that says, “Fear not tomorrow, God is already there!” Blessings to you today and thank you for your prayers!

11. Amy Starnes says

Iwant to thank youfor your honesty in sharing this story today. My husband and I are in ministry and struggling to know exactly where God wants us right now. It is very hard for my husband because he has never been without a church. He was raised Southern Baptist, but I am penticostal, (he calls me his Bapti-Costal). I had grown up knowing that God works through the blood of Jesus and have used that type of praying many times before I met him. Since helping him in his Baptist ministry, I have let that part of my prayer life fall to the wayside. Thank you so much for reminding me to be a warrior for God and my family.

12. Renee says

As I read your posting through Proverbs 31 and then linked to your blog here I am thinking…’I could’ve written this!’ Just as Carla above me stated, a few years ago God allowed me to go through some serious sifting… a ‘field trip’ I hope I never have to take again but in some odd way thankful for the constant anxiety, panic attacks and fear that consumed me because of the growth, beauty and knowledge that came from it. I too, was raised in church and was never taught HOW to battle with the authority given to me. I began reading ‘Batttlefield of the Mind’, watching Joyce Meyer and, then with Joyces’ endorsement, followed up with Dr. Caroline Leaf’s ‘Who Switched Off My Brain’. That’s exactly what I felt like…what in the world is happening!?!?!
    I also stopped traveling and fear of flying began to consume me, however I am happy to say there is so much power in educating yourself with the power of the WORD, to battle outloud and to be determined to ‘live life abundantly’ and refuse to allow satan to steal, kill and destroy all the blessings GOd has for us!! (John 10:10). I even got angry with the devil and made it clear I WOULD NOT give up! Last Summer and since then, after much ‘battling’, I have been able to fly medicine free and with victory!!! Talk about doing a hallelujah dance!!! ; )
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, I was once embarrased to share all that I went through and now realize that sifting was done for me but to also help others as they take their ‘field trips’. I want to encourage everyone to learn and use the POWER given to us on the day our Jesus died!!

Isn’t it amazing that once you get over the fear of embarrasment, you want to shout it to the world what God has done?! I just came back from vacation which took two flights to get there and two flights back. I was even able to look out the window and enjoy takeoff! That is such a miracle. There was not one ounce of fear in my heart. However, I will tell you that I still pray that prayer, and touch the plane as I’m getting on and pray that the blood of Jesus covers the plane. :-)

13. Jodi Hurst says

Thank you so much for this devotion. I’m so thankful God know what we need just when we need it. Tomorrow morning I will be having another mammogram, my second in as many weeks. It has worried me since 8 years ago, I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. I’ve been through the chemo and radiation and I DON’T want to do it again. The what if’s have been creeping up and I have really struggled with fear the last few days. I know God is in control and He gave me a peace beyond all understanding the last time. My husband says whatever it is, we will get through it together with God. I am good either way, I am ready no matter what the circumstances. I just thought it was so interesting when I opened my email today and this was the topic. Thanks for posting it!

Jodi – I’m praying for you today. I know that our God loves to build testimonies in our lives. It sounds like you’ve experienced His goodness and have learned to trust Him. Know that I’m praying for a clean report.

14. Claret M. Belle says

I want to thank everyone and the author of this blog for the wonderful devotion today. I have suffered with anxiety, panic, and stomach problems since the birth of my son in 1976. I cannot believe the ignorance that exists dealing with women and anxiety. Glory to God, though, he is a Saviour. What I thought was the worst time of my life was an education of a lifetime and God placed himself and other powerful woman in my life. Today, I received a real gem when you said to ask for His peace. Such a faithful God we serve and He loves us and watches over us. Thank you for the testimonies and believe me the devil gets plenty of “shoutouts” from me. I was raised Catholic and never read the Bible, but today I stand on His Word. I am also learning to state my confessions early in the day before my “chatter box” gets a hold of me. Hugs to all!

Claret – So many of us deal with fear and anxiety and yet are ashamed to admit it. It was especially hard for me to admit being in leadership. I worried that it would hinder my witness if I seemed less faithful. But the opposite is true. It took admitting the depth of my fear before God could start His work in my life. Now I can’t talk enough about what He’s done for me. I love that you feel the same way!

15. Gail says

Oh my gosh, this devotional was an answer to a prayer today. I’ve struggled with anxiety for years, but recently started having panic attacks. Unless you’ve experienced what you describe with the feeling of shock waves in your skin, an elephant sitting on your chest, etc, you just simply cannot understand. It’s terrifying. I have been through divorce, abuse, single parenting, etc, but my mind and body reached its limit recently when my son (who turns 23 tomorrow) got arrested for his 2nd DUI. Alcoholism is a demon that my family dealt with my entire time growing up, and now I’m dealing with it again with my own son, and this last time just sent me over the edge. Just last week I had a full blown panic attack that lasted 5 hours, I was ready to go to the hospital to be sedated just for relief. I got them under control after about 5 days but one little trigger set me off yesterday, and the anxiety started again. Almost like clockwork at 3AM my body starts feeling like shock waves are going thru my upper body, then I get nauseous, then I can’t quiet my mind. So I’m going to print out your devotional and definately use your suggestions, and read others entries. I’m so sorry anyone else has to deal with this issue, but I’m also so glad to know I’m not alone. Thank you for sharing and caring. Gail

• Kari says

I can totally relate to you Gail, and went through a tough time of constant panic and anxiety attacks that I thought would never go away. God placed people in my life to navigate me through that time, with one of them being my psychiatrist who recommended I read the book “Hope and Help for Your Nerves” by Dr. Claire Weekes. It’s a very old book but really helped me understand what was going on inside me and how to navigate through the panic attacks so they don’t keep overwhelming me. I wanted to know why I was all of the sudden being consumed by these, not just how to stop them in the midst of an attack. I highly recommend it.
      Once you’ve read through the book and gotten some perspective, I can honestly speak to the power of speaking God’s Word when you feel a panic attack coming on or when you’re in the middle of one. It’s unparalleled. You can’t explain how works, but it DOES! You have to believe in God’s power to protect you, that’s He’s more powerful than satan, and it will calm you. I’ve seen firsthand, so many times how God’s Word has the power, when spoken aloud to make satan flee. One of my favorite verses is Isaiah 41:10 and I personalize it for myself, “I will not fear, for You are with me. I will not be dismayed, for You are my God. You will strengthen me and help me, You will uphold me with your righteous right hand.”

Gail, I’m praying for you right now – for the pain, sadness, for the emotional wounds from your past that surfaces in times like these. For healing in your heart and thoughts as you lay down your son at the foot of the cross. Praying he will cry out to Jesus and surrender to His power, for the blood of the Lamp to deliver him from his addiction. So sorry for the weight you are carrying. You are loved by your sisters in Christ, but most of all, you are loved by an Almighty God!!

Gail – know that there are many who are praying for you and your family. While we aren’t promised relief from our circumstances, we are promised relief from fear. Jesus is our Prince of Peace in all circumstances. I hope you do try the prayer that I wrote about. Even if you only get one word out at a time like I did, God’s power and peace will be yours.

• Renee says

If any of you are looking for a book on how to use the power of the blood and break generational ties, strongholds, etc… I highly recommend Liberty Savard- ‘Shattering Your Strongholds’. I mentioned earlier how much reading & following Joyce Meyer did for me in getting control of my thoughts and stop allowing satan to have a playground with my mind but I forgot to mention Liberty’s book that taught me about how to fight a spiritual battle with the Power of Jesus’ authority…it is what helped me begin to walk in complete victory! Encouraged by what all I’ve read today and if we can just remember to ask, “What are you trying to teach me today Lord?” instead of our pity party question of “Why is this happening to me Lord?” He will reveal His beauty for our Ashes!!

16. Cheryl Kenna says

What a powerful blog today. It made me remember something… a while back Charles Stanley (I’m pretty sure it was Charles, if not, I apologize to whoever it was) said in his sermon that, in the Name of Jesus, we should COMMAND Satan to “Get out of my head, get out of my body, get out of this room, get out of this house, and get off this block!” Or something close to that. I frequently add, “And get out of town.” For awhile (and then, of course, I forgot about it until I read this blog today) I used those words when I could feel negative thoughts or fear taking over. And I found the words to be powerful, bringing peace and the confidence that I don’t have to tolerate the enemy’s presence in my life. Jesus DIED and won the victory so that I don’t have to tolerate that evil presence, so when I DO tolerate it, it’s like ignoring what Jesus did on the cross. Then I picture myself with a big hammer and a nail and I’m nailing whatever it is – fear, anxiety, envy, whatever – to the cross where it belongs so it can die there, just like Jesus intended when HE died there, knowing HE, HIMSELF, would rise again. But what I nail there isn’t going to rise, it will stay dead, as long I don’t resurrect it myself. Of course, I do, but then I nail it again. Sometimes I use a bigger hammer and I’m sure that in the process I hit the enemy’s head and knock him out for awhile. :) Sweet peace.

17. Cory says

Thanks, Glynnis, for another devotion that is right on target for so many of us. I often find myself praying like that in the middle of the night, or when I’m trying to get to sleep – times when I feel especially vulnerable to the lies of Satan and anxious thoughts. With three children in their late teens and early twenties who still live with us, I have many reasons to be awake at night! I have to whisper at Satan to get him off my back so that I won’t wake my husband in a fright, but I know he hears me. And after asking God to cover me, I feel my heart rest and I go right to sleep! I know I don’t live fully in the love and power of Jesus Christ, the way God wants us to, but He’s bringing me further along in the truth every day. Thank you Jesus, and thank you Glynnis! Your posts always connect with me.

Cory – I have five teenagers at home right now, so I know the middle of the night thoughts. One habit I developed years ago is reading the Bible before I go to sleep. It has such power to focus my thoughts on God, and bring me to a peaceful place where I can fall asleep. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes, sometimes longer. But when it takes longer, I just thank God I get to read His Word longer. Thanks so much for posting and reading my blog.

Thank you so much for sharing your Proverbs 31 devotional today- you have no idea how much it spoke to me and was such a wonderful reminder that Jesus has overcome my battle with anxiety and the fear of the unknown. A little less than two years ago I went through a horrible time with health anxiety over a little lower back pain (I’m only 26) which caused so much tension and led to all sorts of neck and shoulder pain- I was paralyzed with fear that something was horribly wrong with me. Test after negative test, the fear still dominated me though I was praying for peace and for everything to be ok. I completely let myself spiral out of control over some disc problems that have now thankfully been treated by my chiropractor and anxiety medication. I’ve been off medication now for almost a year and am trying my best with the Lord’s help not to let small health concerns consume me with worry. I am totally one of those people who asks nervously to my Dr. when he is conducting my women’s care exam, does everything look/feel normal? I too am afraid of flying (but will be in about a week or so), so I will utilize your prayer advice with God’s word. I am a blogger in my free time and am so happy to have found you!

Megan

Megan, I had to smile reading your comment. About 10 years ago I had a pain in my back, that I was certain was a tumor. It was just something out of allignment and it took a few adjustments and I was back to normal. I hate that Satan has used little health issues to scare me. But he can’t do that any more!!!

19. mattie says

jehovah-shalom–my peace!you still my heart and soul. and give me divine rest! i am wholly reconciled to you! through christ. you have paid my debts and my trust and obedience are to you! jesus,the prince of peace, lives in me and His peace rules my heart!

20. Rahna says

Thank you so much for your “Encouragement for Today” which led me to your blog. I, too, have a mountain to climb by the end of June, with my special needs daughter, Amy. She is the delight of my life, and yet her upcoming surgery has sent me into a tailspin. I have cried through this whole blog, and have highlighted many verses you have shared. Thank you so much for this example of prayer…I prayed it immediately and was able to quit sobbing :) I will definitely be using this to stop the attacks of Satan, and to quiet that voice yelling..”what if”. God bless you! Rahna

Yes! There IS power in the name and blood of Jesus. When believers say those words, God moves and Satan flees! Sometimes the results are immediate, sometimes slower in manifesting. It’s not magic or the power of suggestion. It’s the power and truth of God inherent in these words when spoken by Spirit-empowered believers.

Invoking the name of Jesus has changed my emotions from bitterness to love and from fear to peace, sometimes in minutes. One night it even saved my life.

It happened in 1980 when a reporter and I, a photographer, were in New York City to do a story on the national census for our newspaper. We’d driven into the Bowery to do “man on the street” interviews. At that time this part of Manhattan was known for its large population of drunks and substance abusers.

It was late at night and the street was nearly deserted. The only light came from store windows and widely-spaced street lamps. When the reporter found someone to talk to, I knelt a few feet behind him to take their picture by the window’s moody glow.

Suddenly, from out of the shadows, a man approached me and violently grabbed the camera I was holding which was strapped around my neck. His strength felt supernatural, and I thought for sure he would smash my face with the heavy gear as we fought for control of it.

Almost reflexively I said with an authority that surprised me, “In the name of Jesus, stop! The blood of Jesus is on you. Get out!”

To my utter amazement my attacker let go, turned around and walked away. It was over as fast as it had begun. The reporter, still talking, was oblivious to the attack, so quickly and quietly did it take place. In deference to his interview, I didn’t shout the name of Jesus to defend myself. I just spoke the words firmly as the Holy Spirit empowered me. After taking the photos, my camera braced tightly against my face in an attempt to still my shaking hands, I told the reporter what happened.

Jesus gave his believers power when he said:

“Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:19)

Spiritual warfare is as real today as it was when Jesus cast the demons out of a boy being tormented by them (Luke 9:38-42). I also experienced that reality in New York that night and many times since then.

I’m glad and grateful to testify that the name and blood of Jesus has never lost its power. To God be the glory, great things he still does!

22. Marie says

This my first visit to your site. My daughter forwarded it to me this morning after reading it. It was just what I needed. I like you am “just one wrong word, one party we didn’t get invited to, or one failure away from an emotional melt-down”. I face insecurity as well as low self-esteem. But the chink in my armor is FEAR also. If my husband is late getting home or I can’t reach him by cell or I can’t reach one of my “grown” children, I start thinking the worst. As you said, “all logical thought escapes as the worst case scenario crowds in”. And on top of this weakness of mine, I am being treated for depression. And we are facing a serious family crisis: my grown child is a substance abuser and has a young child who may be in serious danger of harm or worse. My child won’t listen to me. I am at my wit’s end and don’t know which way to turn. I am always thinking about the what-ifs; this situation is consuming me. From various family members and friends I get this advice and that advice but my husband thinks I should just stop intervening and let it be. He says he is worried about me and my codependency and if I could handle the care of my grandchild should he be taken from his parent. I feel he is making me choose between him and the safety of my grandchild. I think this is the most alone I’ve ever felt in my life. But after reading your devotion today about fear and the power of God’s peace I feel better. “I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. Thank you for your ministry and your inspiration. I have subscribed to your site as of today. Peace and Grace, Marie

Marie – Thank you so much for posting a comment. I can’t imagine what you are facing, especially the fear for both a child and a grandchild. I’m praying right now for God’s angels to step in and protect both of them (Psalm 91), and for God’s divine wisdom to clear out any confusion Satan is trying to bring to your mind. May God give you clarity and focus to know what to do. I’m praying for an incredible peace to settle deep in your heart.

Dealing with fear has taken me to a new level of faith. I also had to admit that most of my fear was because I was trusting in something other than God. With flying, I trusted the pilot or the weather. I had to admit that while I said I trusted God, in reality, my faith was surface level. I don’t know if this might be part of your fear, but I wanted to mention it. Satan doesn’t want you to think about this either, so tell him to back off (in the name of Jesus of course). :-)

I’m praying for you!

23. Gena says

Thank you so much for sharing this, I have awakened every night the past week gripped with fear, and I have been trying to pray myself out of it but have been too tired and afraid to approach it with conviction. I know what to do tonight! Your “Encouragement for today” email, which led to this blog, was certainly what I needed, and apparently what others needed as well! God Bless you!

Gena, pray even if you don’t feel conviction. God heard and answered my feeble gasps of a doubtful prayer. Reclaim your home for God and tell the evil one he has no place there. Then ask for God’s covering of Jesus’ blood. Then write me tomorrow and tell me what happened. Thank you for writing.

Working on my She Speaks message today and God used your post here to confirm some of what He wants me to share and get me so excited about His message!!

My message is about how easily we throw away our confidence (Heb 10:35) and shrink back when Satan uses fear, worry, and doubt to shut us down. Rev 12:11 is the verse God gave me right after the first time I shared my Shadow of Doubt message years ago at SS. That night, for the first time ever, I experienced triumph over doubt, and He showed me it was by the blood of the lamb and the word of HIS testimony in my life. He had finally gotten me to where I didn’t love my life enough to shrink back anymore.

Thank you for reminding us that Satan wants us to shrink back and shut down. But we dont’ have to. We can tell command Him in the name of Jesus to leave us alone. I think he needs to hear it and we need to hear ourselves say it! As you have so wonderfully reminded us today Glynnis, we have power and victory through the blood of Jesus. That same power that raised Him from the dead is available to us who believe (Eph 1:18-20)!! Amen!!

25. Laura says

I am always amazed and blessed when I have told Satan to get out of here. It truly does work! I have never asked for the covering of Jesus’ blood. That will be my next step! Thank you for your timely message.

26. Dana says

I just finished reading today devotional and moved to your site for additional reading. I am 35 with a wonderful husband and two beautiful healthy children…yet and my parents decide whether to get divorced, my brothers and I are polarized by their separation and the pain that events and family gatherings are shadows of the past…I am broken by ‘what ifs’…as my husband determines to go back to school for two years and leave his job, I am consumed by the financial uncertainty, worse yet is the overwhelming guilt I have over discovering I really do not trust God to take care of me. Instead if crying where my husband and children cannot see, I will take this step and tell Satan, outloud, to leave my and ask Jesus to wash over my insecurities, my fear, my panic attack, my racing heart that keeps me from sleeping, my hiding my pain from my friends, my self-loathing over not trusting God, my anger over my broken family, my desperate need for financial security, Jesus, please cover it all. As tears slide down my face, I am so thankful for this devotion and actions to take rather than hopeless passivity.

27. Abbie says

Hello Glynnis, I read your blog for the very first time today after linking from your devotional on Crosswalk’s Encouragement for Today. Your content writing skills are excellent and it seems you speak directly from your heart! Thank you! The only thing I would like to mention is I noticed you have a journalism degree and have served as an editor for Proverbs 31? May I gently suggest please watch your spelling and utilize the spell check feature before posting. It’s SKEPTICAL not sceptical and breathe has an E on the end. :)

May God bless your ministry richly and I pray you enjoy continued GOOD HEALTH! No recurrences! Praise be to Jesus :)

Abbie

Hi Abbie – are you volunteering to help me proof my blog posts? :-) Even though I must have read this at least five times, I obviously missed those mistakes. I thought skeptical was wrong but spellcheck didn’t correct it – probably because it’s spelled with a “c” in the UK.

I have a team of about 10 proofreaders for the magazine, but I tend to focus more on the content than grammar when it comes to my own blog. Thanks for reading.

28. Christina says

I just read your devotion today and boy did I need it. I have been very stressed and anxious about my first born and her drivers ed lessons out on the highway. I am so overwhelmed that I can not be in the car with her while she drives. I have delt with anxiety for a large part of my adult life and certain things cripple me. I need medication to fly and I have suffered through panic attacks. I hate the lies that satan plants in my life and how he loves to see me suffer. I took your advise and prayed your prayer as I wait for my husband and daughter to come home safely. It was as if God himself said here read this….. Thank you for your devotion and opening up to us so we can deal with life together.

Christina – I’m so glad you read my blog today and shared your own story. We do need each other. My friend’s comment changed my life. I look forward to the day when you write me and tell me you flew without fear. I know you can do it.

I also had to confess that most of my fear was because I trusted in something other than God to protect me. I trusted in the pilot, the weather, or the mechanic who checked the bolts. Dealing with fear has taken me to a new level of faith. I knew God could protect me, but I had to deal with the reality that I doubted He would.

There were so many underlying levels of issues I had to deal with – and honestly, am still dealing with. I know God wants me to be a woman of faith, and I’m peeling off layers of unbelief.

Thank you again for writing.

29. Teresa Tolbert says

I just read your devotion on Crosswalk and it was so encouraging to me. And it was good to know that I am not the only one who deals with the kind of fear you mentioned. I was an only child and after my parents divorced when I was two, my father was not in my life anymore. When I was 17, my mother got sick at the age of 42 with colon cancer and within three months she died. That’s when my fear began. For a lot of years with every ache or pain, I was sure I had cancer. But sometime in my mid-thirties as I matured and my faith matured, also, I seemed to get a better handle on it. But as menopause became a part of my life, the fear seems stronger again. And like you said, it seems that Satan knows where we are weak and that is where he attacks. Like you, I dread for several months before my mammogram and until that letter comes in the mail, I live in fear. I went through the same thing this year as I had my colonoscopy. As a Christian, I feel so guilty and like you, I put on a smile and a brave face while all the while, I’m a basket case inside. But I have to say that through prayer, I truly felt God’s presence and peace. The fear is not totally gone but I know with God’s help, I can make it through. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Just keep praying. Sometimes I have to say this prayer repeatedly. Since you’ve suffered with fear for a long time, it will be a process. I don’t think God minds if you ask to be covered over and over again.

30. Renee says

Thank you for this powerful commentary. I happened upon your site through an email [Encouragement for Today] that my mother forwards to me on a regular basis. Many times, I skim through it and don’t actually take in the words.

Today, while I was feeling the beginnings of a panic attack, I actually read the entire post and saw a footnote about your site and a prayer that would help to overcome fear. I haven’t yet tried this. I admit that I feel a little silly about praying out loud–even if I’m alone. But I’m going to do it! I have suffered from fearful feelings and self doubt from elementary school through now at age 36. Something must change!

Thank you again for sharing this.

Hi Renee, God knew you needed to hear from Him. I know He doesn’t want you living in fear any more. You just have to tell satan to leave you alone out loud. Just whisper it. You can pray for God to cover you with the blood of Jesus silently. God can read your mind.

I’d never prayed like that before either. But I got desperate enough to try it and testify to God’s faithfulness. He has not once let me down. I know you can trust Him too.

Thank you for reading today.

31. Annette says

Thank you – I have a HUGE fear of public speaking that seems to get worse with age, and I have to give a presentation in my next class for my Master’s. I have began praying feverishly to God for his direction the moment I found out about the assignment and have told Satan that he has no power over this b/c of my relationship/love for God. But I still have that fear – I just need to give it totally to God and stop worrying. I guess I just needed to hear that someone else has fears as awful as mine.

Many thanks.

I am a skeptic as well. However, someone told me recently that they read in a book by Elmer Towns (I think, not sure bout author) that we should be careful when praying out loud because Satan can hear us. So it would make sense that if he can listen to our prayers and try to manipulate us into a fearful state, then he can certainly hear us when we tell him to “step off”. I absolutely believe this type of praying can be beneficial when faced with something that plagues us. You know me, I like to find God in all sorts of interesting places, and I think this is just another of those ways that people wouldn’t think God could reveal himself to us, but he always surprises us. I also believe he knows each of us so intimately that he knows what and how to reach us best.

Josey

33. Britt says

I just have to say ‘thank you’ for posting this. I get P31 devotionals everyday, and I opened this one and it led me to your blog. THANK YOU. I needed to read this today. I’m at work, so its hard to control my tears, but I deal with health anxiety hourly. It is my biggest fear. It consumes me with every small pain or ache. I tell myself that I was made for more than this. I’m going to try this prayer approach you’ve listed. Again, thank you :)

34. Dianne says

When I was a small child, I was molested. I have had reoccuring nightmares most of my life. A friend taught me about praying the power of the blood of Jesus. So, when I had a nightmare, and awake with terror, I prayed for the blood of Jesus to cover me, it always worked, and I would be filled with the PEACE OF GOD. This peace is our heritage! It belongs to us because we are redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. He wants us to have His peace, not to deny His Grace. Nothing can separate us from His Love! It is the power of God, our Heavanly Father that protects us, separates us from this world and from the tormentor. Nothing works like this prayer, and I have used medicine, other prayers, but the prayer for being covered by the blood of Jesus, which redeemed us, will make the tormentor flee. Blessings!

I love how God redeemed what Satan meant for evil in your life. Out of your pain (for which I grieve) God is building a testimony. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your experience. I hope it motivates many other women to pray this way.

GREAT REVIEW! I agree with all you said in your article, especially at the middle of your article. Thank you, your post is very useful as always. Keep up the good work! You’ve got +1 more reader of your super blog:) Isabella S.

36. Stephanie says

Thank you, Glynnis, for everything you wrote and shared on this post. Like so many others who have responded to this, I have battled anxiety, panic and fear for much of my life. I have just recently walked through another season of intense fear and a friend suggested a book to me that has made such a difference in my life. (And I’ve read a LOT of good books on this topic!) It’s called “Telling Yourself the Truth” by William Backus and Marie Chapian. I highly recommend it to anyone struggling with emotional pain of any kind – anger, depression, anxiety, insecurity – and, let’s be honest, that’s pretty much all of us. :) This book has taught me how to take practical steps to think with the mind of Christ and to identify my “misbeliefs” and replace them with God’s truth. I can’t say enough about the way God has used it to equip me for this battle against fear.
    Thank you again for a wonderful devotional and blog post. I enjoyed it immensely and was challenged to pray in a different way than I ever have before!

37. Que Mason says

Thank you…I am wrinting this with tears of joy running down my face. I have been dealing with panic attacks and being fearful of death that I see myself not living life. I’m 28 years old with young kids and I ask myself why, why do I feel this way, how do I let these feelings control my life. Today your blog has given me new life I’m so thankful. I felt so alone my family didn’t understand how it feels or why I feel the way I did. With this prayer I feel that I am equipped with the tools I need to take back my life of peace and true joy. Thank you so much!

Thank you for posting, sister. I can’t wait to hear your testimony soon. Read the other comments to see how God is faithful every time. If you’ve suffered for many years, don’t worry how many times you have to pray this way. Satan will keep coming back until he gets the message loud and clear that you are covered!

38. Grace Lane says

Thank you today for your words of encouragement! As I was reading your blog, I also thought how the blood of the lamb protected the children of Isreal as the angel of death passed over them.
    “There is power, power, wonder working power in the blood of the Lamb. There is power, power, wonder working power in the precious blood of the Lamb.”
    You are a blessing!
    Grace

39. Millie says

Like so many of the comments I read above, I, too, for the first time visited your site and felt like it was written for me. Even though I realize my situation doesn’t compare with the situations many people deal with, (I am facing surgery) I still deal with fear if my world is not running smoothly.

Several thoughts ran through my mind while reading this –
    its clear (and heart-rending) how common this problem is;
    Unfortunately, It usually takes hardship to produce growth;
    how little we claim of the promises He has for us; and
    God is able.

Thanks for your blog and I’m sure I’ll return to it again.

40. Cat says

Dear Glynnis

Thank you so much for the devotion on what ifs! I am struggling through BIG FEARS that are starting to over take me with my newly diagnosed heart problems! I went to ER on May 2 with my heart racing at 2oo+ and a BP of 260/140! I have never in my life had heart problems or a high BP!! I was taken by ambulance to a bigger hospital that deals with the heart! I was given a diagnosis of SVTs. I was in for 3 days and had many test done. My husband sat in a chair all night at my bedside! BLESS HIM! I was put on 5 cardiac meds! My first follow up appointment was yesterday with 1 of my 2 new heart doctors. I did not hear what I was expecting to hear!! He is not going to do the Oblation Procedure that would fix everything and give me my life back! I am short of breath all the time and have no energy and can not do much of anything! Each day is a struggle just to get out of bed and get a bath! I have no strength! He says he thinks there is more going on and wants me to have a work up at Mayo Clinic. I came home crying and have cried alot since yesterday! I am scared as to what is going on!! I see my other new heart doctor tomorrow and now I am scared to death!!!!!!!! I have a special needs Autistic son and I need to be here for him he is a total MAMAs boy!!!! I am praying this prayer tonight and tomorrow all day until 4pm; my appointment time! I will sure say it loud I want to be sure Satin hears me!!!! This devotion sure came at a perfect time for me! GOD works things out so wonderful for us in need!!

THANK YOU AGAIN!!
    CAT

Great testimony of overcoming fear. I so relate to the battle and I too have found much victory through prayer. I hope to meet you at She Speaks!! I’m excited to see GOD do miracles in hearts.

42. Angela Driskell says

Thank you so much for sharing this! I am flying tomorrow to attend the She Speaks conference and was overwhelmed with fear of flying. I asked the ladies on the conference facebook page to please pray and one of them gave me a link to your blog. Your story resonates deep within me. My fear has been getting worse over the past several years, to the point I try not to fly whenever possible. I have prayed over my fear in the past, but always feel silly doing it. I know what the bible says about fear and I know how many people only pray when they fly. I felt like a hypocrite. Thanks for showing me I am not alone.

After reading your blog, I felt my chest closing up in fear. I prayed a similar prayer to what you mentioned. I felt pure peace when I was halfway through my prayer… but then all my doubts came rushing back in. I don’t want to keep cowering in the corner and letting Satan win this battle. I will continue to pray! Thanks for giving me a nudge to fight this battle. Thank you!

I ran into you at She Speaks today and told you my story about my fear of driving the long distance to NC. I felt protected and at peace the entire trip after praying this. I don’t know why I give Satan so much power over my emotions. I pray God leads me to place where I can always stand firm in the power of Christ’s blood.

44. Mangesh says

please any one can pray for me to defeat my fear…… I am also trying
    please help me .

45. Gislaine says

When I read you, I tough it was me writing that blog. As you I have an extreme fear of flying since Sep 2001. This is ruining my life. I avoid to fly which restrict my personal life and my work.As you I am afraid just dropping somebody to airport.
    I have been praying for that with not much succes and sometimes wonder why God allows those attacks against me from the devil.
    I read your blog and I am praying the blood of Jesus to cover me and the devil to flee from me. Hope that God will deliver from this bondage and set me free
    Thank you so much for sharing. As you I am so ashame of my fears that I try to hide ir.
    May God bless your ministry

46. Jean says

I have worried myself into a frenzy over a pending real estate transaction and it got so bad I could not sleep. Looking for prayers to overcome fear and worry I was directed here. Thank you so much, I needed what you wrote. Whew, I can breathe again.

47. Ashley says

You have no idea how much I needed this today! I have been paralyzed with fear over the uncertainty of my health. The fear has changed my life and even my husband has noticed a change in my usually happy demeanor. I prayed this prayer and I have felt the power of Christ. Thank you so much of this! God is my Rock and my strength! God Bless You!

Hi Glynnis, I am preparing for a flight to Texas to visit my Son. I was looking for a devotional or prayer about overcoming my fear of flying. God led me to this google search directly to your posting. I can’t thank you enough for the words of wisdom regarding a prayer against fear. I am going to use this today and the rest of my life. Thank you again and God bless.

Well i had lost my mom on March 18th 2013. After that things are not working well with me since then I had gone to GOa in may and on 17th May 2013 i met with accident wherein i went under the bus wheel; after i had been getting scared and all negative thoughts come in my mind; never used to talk to anyone even my dad and sis; i had been crying all the time, then I realised that the satan had taken over me completely But i just the way your friend told I too command the satan to go away from me and now i feel peaceful coz GOD is protecting me at all times. i say this prayer I command the satan to go away from me and my wounds, body and soul. Jesus pour your precious blood upon me and protect me from the satan and his doings. This prayer has been working for me and i m tension free about my wound coz i know JESUS will heal my wound. I love You Lord JESUS for saving me and bringing me close to YOU.

Does One Over heard The fact that Samsung Unveils Corby HandsetsSamsung has got intrdouced only two latest telephones in order to it is type of kitchen appliances Coby, the particular adolescents on The european union to remain adedd. The popular styles incllude the particular Coprby Corby (TXT) and additionally Coprby (PRO), that happens to be given coupled with the particular originaal Corby S3650-Mobile, by now availlable. Typically the Cotrby (TXT) can be knnown being the B3210 and features a good 2. 2-inch LCD, 2MP cameras by using online video media guidance, built in FM tuner, unpredictable features, and additionally 40 MB associated with on-ship memory space expandable from a microSD greeting card slit. The device blends with BRINK GPRS companies Quad-band. Typically the mobile phone handset is going to be availabe on The european union so that the stop associated with Sept. Typically the Crby (PRO) handet boasts a QWERTY kyboard and additionally gets results over the 900 2100MHz HSDPA 7. 2Mbps interact. Typically the phpone contains a 2. 8-inch touchscreen technology LCD guidance while offering a good 3MP cameras. Typically the cameras also can document a good online video media. Otehr options comprise of the Radio by using RDS, detachable include, Wi-Fi, Bluuetooth, Mirco HARDWARE, 100 MB memory space using a microSD greeting card slit and more. Typically the mobile phone handset could post on December. This Reasons for having Typically the LG KP500 Cellphone PhoneMobile phonees will be only only just transmission tools. In these days, almost everyone plan to be hip thewse tools, gammes games consoles and additionally issuer associated with Net products. Awesome to ascertain which will thhese miniature items have been completely efficiently develop all these necessary featurers. Typically the LG KC910 is usually 1 great telephones which have been avaoilable over the cell phone calls markets. The following pohne posseses an reflection which will results in a good full imprint from the imagination associated with customers. In case you are sensitive abotu the particular cameras, which commonly press a good couplpe associated with images associated with large afterward that LG phne is usually mandatory to suit your needs. It includes 8-megapixel cameras could be the imzage image resolution associated with 3264 back button 2448 pixels. Morover, that gizmo has the benefit of options including motor vehicle aim, online video media recordinng, and additionally vidoe cameras call up. Gamerts will definitely end up happpy because of this gizmo, for the reason that this individual provides you with innovative efatures exceptional sport. It consists of numerous game titles which you can carry out aytime and additionally at any place. About the toher personally, that gizmo really shines schokohäutige coloor, that’s the most accepted colouring world wide. Through obtaining that gizmo will mean which you can give and additionally attain e-maipls by using attachemnts from a extra rapiid solution. The following phoone is going to be used by people just who normally will need to test most of the email address whle they are really not necessarily when in front of most of the Computer systems. LG KP500 Piece of food a different mannequin with LG can be described as skilled creator. The following type Piece of food contact has got a number of options which will absolutely come up with the particular mpobile buyers will be dependnet to them. The following exquisite system really shines many shades, including schokohäutige, Vandyke brown lightly, anodized silcver and additionally jewelry fashionable. You can get that contact on these shades. There are several folks who want to pay for telephones according to thheir favoruite shades and additionally horoscope. The following communicationms gizmo boasts a cameras 3. 2 hugely pixels whicch the particular appearance reslution associated with 2048 back button 1536 pxels. The following cameras takes top quality imaegs, as well as get tese images via the web, preserve on your laptop or possibly remove them associated with prrint and additionally, therefore, given these people. Throughout standby method, it is electric is usually 350 working hours and additionally converse that gizmo.

51. Stephanie says

Hi Glynnis,
    Please join your prayers with mine for my husband. He takes meds for anxiety and depression. God has given him many ideas that would be such a blessing for our family
    and the ministry…He has admitted that he has alot of fear! Fear has literally crippled him. He hasn’t been to church in months and that alone affects our relationship tremendously. I’m trying so hard not to become bitter towards him because I know the enemy is at work. I love my family and I know it’s God’s will for us to call on him for guidance. My husband has this knowledge as well. Rebellion is a problem too. Please pray for us.

I lover the fact you spoke out about this because this is something that everyone experience is fear and a lot of people keep it from others and try to make it seem like there ok I really appreciate this because now I know how to speak out against the devil and make him and his little tactics go away the devil is always defeated when it comes to God and his son jesus when we have God jesus and the holy spirit there’s nothing the devil can do with us because we dont fear him we fear God and fearing God dont make us feel uncomfortable or on the edge we have peace and love when we fear God so we won’t sin and when we dont live in sin and turn away from it that’s who we really become who we really are we can have so much power when we believe and plead the blood of jesus over us but always remember every promise in the bible belongs to those who believe and walk with God and accept jesus as there lord and savior fear can be defeated Jesus already paid the price its women like you who keeps the hope alive thankyou so much its always good to know im not alone

53. Ros says

My dearest friend is getting married this weekend and her new husband to be daughter will be flying from New York to Gainesville. Well the ticket was already purchase and now she is fearing the flight. She text me to go into immediate prayer for Fear. So I did and I came across this Blog. I believe nothing happens by chance. These testimonies are just awesome in giving God the Glory. Yes He molds us to be who we are through trials and tribulations but He loves us more than anything. to give His only begotten son Jesus Christ, Yeshua Hamashiach for us to live and live more abundantly John 10:10. I know & believe that prayers in numbers, really work. So Please pray for Ashley Brown; 23 to overcome this fear of flying and make it to this wedding this weekend. I also have an awesome testimony. However I will blog later, its not about me its about Gloryfying our Father through Jesus Christ….Continue to Inspire and Encourage one another. I love it. and I love you all!

Thank you so much I really needed to hear these exact words today as I’ve battled anxiety and depression for over a year now after the extreme amount of stress I was put through at my previous job. The torture I went through often made me feel trapped and hopeless. The fear was so overwhelming every morning I had a stabbing pain in my stomach. All I could really do was cry I didn’t know what else to do. I felt like no one understood me. And since I had never experienced something so traumatic I didn’t know what to do. An 8 hour day seemed like an eternity. I often wanted to scream to make it stop. Until finally my body couldn’t take it anymore and I suffered an anxiety attack. I was horrified I thought I was going to die I had to leave work and checked myself into the Emergency where I was given an an anti depressant to relax me while the doctors performed an EKG on me. Finally the doctor informed me I suffered an anxiety attack.I was confused because this had never happen before then the doctor asked me what was stressing me out so badly. I remember immediately breaking down I cried so much I could hardly speak. But I felt like I needed to release everything I had inside. I informed him how bad I was being treated at work by my manager who had been discriminating me for several months now and how her behavior towards me only gotten worse as the days went by. And how I felt trapped like a prisoner in my place of work but there was nothing I could do to stop her behavior and I couldn’t quit my job because my family depended on me to make ends meet. He immediately informed me he would give me a doctors note to take some days off. I remember crying like a child because u was afraid to return. I was afraid what she was capable of doing next . But I had to be strong for my little girl. I immediately filed a complaint through HR hoping things got better. The first few days seemed to have gotten better but before the torture began and this time I told my boyfriend I couldn’t do it. It got so bad I wanted to take my life. I filed for disability and waited anxiously for my claim forms. During my waiting period I was written up for being one minute late five times according to my boss. And finally the next day on my way to work my car broke down on my way to work which caused me to be late to work. I honestly never imagined that day I’d lose my job. If things couldn’t get any worse I was denied unemployment and didn’t receive a paycheck for three months. I was extremely depressed I felt so hopeless and lost and cried every single day . Not to mention I was beyond afraid to find another job for fear I’d be put through the torture I was put through before . As the days and weeks have gotten by I’ve experienced so many different emotions. From fear,failure , doubt and hopelessness. To begging God to give me the strength to move on with my life. Through my experience I made the decision to become self employed. But my experience continues to haunt me everyday and although some days I tell myself I will get through this the fear of not having any money and losing my job. The what ifs never seem to leave my mind. And I absolutely hate its difficult to live my life in fear. Especially because next month I will be opening my office and don’t want to feel this way. I’m really thankful for this prayer I will definitely use it each time I feel the fear try to consume me. Thank you!

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as
    though you relied on the video to make your point. You definitely know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to
    your weblog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?